Bwindi has over 50% of the world’s surviving Mountain Gorillas located in a vast spread forest. The Gorilla Trekking experience is one of the best experiences our clients have enjoyed over time. We have over time come to appreciate that the travelling distances/times involved for a typical Gorilla Safari are quite exhausting.
Through partnership with ‘AeroLink Uganda, we have been able to have daily scheduled flights to Bwindi and this has eased on the travel distances/times involved. There are daily scheduled flights to Kihihi airstrip in the northern sector of Bwindi and to Kisoro in the Southern sector. The sector our clients fly to for gorilla tracking is always determined by gorilla tracking permits availability none the less the experience is breathtaking.
The Fly-In Gorilla Tracking Itinerary
- Boat Cruise on Lake Mutanda
- Gorilla Tracking
- Bird Watching
- Batwa Cultural Experience
Day 1: Arrival: Airport Pickup: On arrival, you will be picked up from Entebbe International airport and transferred to your hotel. Overnight at The Boma Hotel (BB)
Day 2: Fly to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park: The hotel shuttle will transfer you the Entebbe international airport for your early morning flight with ‘AeroLink to Bwindi. The Flight departs Entebbe at 0745hrs arriving Kisoro airstrip at 0855 though timing may vary due to aircraft routing. On arrival at Kisoro airstrip, you will picked up by a guide from Chameleon Hill Lodge who will transfer you to the Lodge for check in. After Lunch, you will embark on a launch trip on a motorized boat on Lake Mutanda- be assured of stunning views. Your will return for Dinner and Overnight at Chameleon Hill Lodge (LD)
Day 3: Gorilla Tracking Experience: After your breakfast, you will be transferred to the gorilla tracking information office for a pre-gorilla tracking briefing by the park warden and rangers at 8am. After briefing, the rangers will then lead you into the forest to track these gentle giants (Mountain gorillas). The thrill of spending time observing the gorillas as they interact with each other is a pleasing and unforgettable one, you are allowed an hour witnessing the interaction of these close relatives of ours. You are advised to carry with you a packed lunch for the time spent tracking the gorillas would not be known to you but varies from 3 to 8 hours. Time permitting, you may go for a late afternoon community walk to see the local people’s way of life and cultures or otherwise relax at the Lodge reflecting on the day’s activities. Dinner and Overnight at Chameleon Hill Lodge (BLD)
Day 4: Visit to the Batwa Community: After breakfast you will be transferred to Mgahinga region for Golden Monkey tracking and the Batwa Cultural experience. You will do the golden monkey tracking early morning in Mgahinga National park and later interact with the Batwa people- the indigenous people of the Park. The Batwa will re-enact how they used to survive in the forest alongside other habitats. Later return to the Lodge. Dinner and Overnight at Chameleon Hill Lodge (LD)
Day 5: Fly Back to Entebbe for your departure: You will be transferred to the Kisoro airstrip for your early flight back to Entebbe airport. This will mark the end of your flying gorilla safari.
End of Safari
Included in the price:
- Airport and airstrip transfers
- Domestic flights by Aerolink per 11-seater Caravan (max. weight allowance 15 kg in soft luggage)
- Ground transport per private 4WD safari vehicle for airstrip and park transfers
- Experienced English speaking driver/guide
- Accommodation as described in the itinerary
- Meals as described in the itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Entrance and ranger fees for the national parks
- Activities mentioned in the program
- Gorilla & Golden Monkey trekking permits
- International flight
- Visa (USD $50)
- Meals and drinks not mentioned in the itinerary
- Items of personal nature
- Laundry service
Terms & conditions:
- The rates are in US dollars and subject to change.
- Availability of accommodation, permits and activities is not guaranteed until confirmation by your contact person of East African Expeditions. Permits are sold on ‘first come first serve’ basis.
- Gorilla permits can only be secured after receiving the requested deposit.